Monday, October 18, 2010

New Beginings

This first post of the new blog I will dedicated to my Aunt Linda. She has been a great example to me throughout my life.

As far as I can remember she has made an effort to be at every family gathering we've ever had... and she's even married into the family. Even when her husband isn't there for various reasons, she is there.

Her family life hasn't been perfect, but she has always stayed optimistic and has never been slow to count her many blessings.

She is a wonderful example to me of how living the gospel, no matter what surrounds you, can really effect your attitude and outward view. Every time I see her she has a smile on her face and is always willing to help in any way she can.

She is a very determined woman. She's in her 60's and still does marathons. That is so incredible to me!

She was one of the few people that didn't live in Safford that came to the temple with me when I went through. She had to be back that night, but saw it important enough to drive a total of 4+ hours to be there for me at a very special time that only lasted about 2 hours.

There is so much more I could say about her, but I know she would be embarrassed because she is also a very humble person.

She is the type of person that I want to grow up to be like. She is what I would call a "low maintenance, high yield member." She doesn't need a whole lot of help staying on the straight and narrow, but because she does, she helps so many people either through her example or through her willingness to serve them.

Thank you, Aunt Linda! You are truly and inspiration to many, but especially me!

2 comments:

  1. I am humbled beyond words. Thank you so much. I love you Jaron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So True! Aunt Linda is the kindest person and incredibly funny! This is great Jaron!

    ReplyDelete